Sunday, April 12, 2015

Name: Tres Ojos Garnacha
Variety: 85% Garnacha; 15% Tempranillo
Region: Calatayud
Country: Spain
Year: 2012
Price: $6.95

Shop Review: 88 points – Robert Parker
"The 2012 Tres Ojos Garnacha contains 15% Tempranillo (I wonder why), and unoaked cuvée of 200,000 bottles that matures in vat for at least seven months before bottling. What I tasted was a very honest, fresh and fruit-driven red with aromas of cherries, garrigue and thyme with a medium-bodied palate, some weight and tannins that would do better with food. This is a red that sells for a song.”

 My Review: This wine was acidic and tannic; it had cherry notes and tastes; of any of the wines I think this one would go best with a steak--I had it without food. This was my least favorite of all the wines for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment