Sunday, February 1, 2015


Name: Wessex Hundred Vidal Blanc
Variety: 100% Vidal Blanc
Region: Williamsburg, VA
Country: USA
Year: 2013
Price: $16
Shop/wine critic/winery reviewThe 2013 Vidal Blanc has a wonderful creamy rich texture brimming with notes of banana, apple, pear, orange, and peach. Intertwined with these pleasant fruit notes are some floral and nutty characters. The mouth feel is rich and complex and shows a bit of lemon and fresh cut grass giving the wine a complex feel. There is even a bit of a lemon cream pie nuance that makes for a refreshing fun wine. 
My Review: The wine was fruity. It was a little strong, you could taste the alcohol on the pallet. Notes of apricot and banana were evident in the mid pallet, but it left with a stronger finish than I would have preferred. Overall, I didn't hate it but I would not go out of my way to purchase this wine.


No comments:

Post a Comment