Sunday, February 22, 2015

Name: Cortenova Primativo
Variety: 100% Zinfandel
Region: Puglia
Country: Italy
Year: 2012
Price: $10--sale price: $6.95
Wine Enthusiast or Shop Review:  Dark, ruby-red color with violet highlights. Intense and fragrant bouquet with a rich array of red and black fruit aromas and flavors. Harmonious and velvety on the palate. Great balance and structure. 100% Zinfandel   
My Review
I had this wine without food, but I would guess it to pair well with red meat. This wine was sharp and bitter, with some bite to it. On the nose I could definitely note the berry hints to it. Color-wise, this was a teeth stainer--it was dark red to purple--which in itself would probably lead me to stay away from this particular wine; additionally, this was my first dark zinfandel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment